Waiting on Wednesday 261


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose: 

"A Wicked Thing"
by Rhiannon Thomas
HarperTeen
Release Date:  Feb 24, 2015


Rhiannon Thomas's dazzling debut novel is a spellbinding reimagining of Sleeping Beauty and what happens after happily ever after.

One hundred years after falling asleep, Princess Aurora wakes up to the kiss of a handsome prince and a broken kingdom that has been dreaming of her return. All the books say that she should be living happily ever after. But as Aurora understands all too well, the truth is nothing like the fairy tale.

Her family is long dead. Her "true love" is a kind stranger. And her whole life has been planned out by political foes while she slept.

As Aurora struggles to make sense of her new world, she begins to fear that the curse has left its mark on her, a fiery and dangerous thing that might be as wicked as the witch who once ensnared her. With her wedding day drawing near, Aurora must make the ultimate decision on how to save her kingdom: marry the prince or run.

Rhiannon Thomas weaves together vivid scenes of action, romance, and gorgeous gowns to reveal a richly imagined world … and Sleeping Beauty as she’s never been seen before.
I can't resist a fairy tale retelling, and I love that this one starts AFTER her happily ever after.

What are you waiting for this week???

10 comments

  1. I'm definitely also excited for this one and the cover's gorgeous! Love your pick :D

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally pumped for this one too, it sounds really amazing, and like you, I like that it starts AFTER the happily ever after - such a fresh idea! I hope you can get your hands on this one asap :D GREAT pick ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for this book as well as A Court of Thorns and Roses!! :)

    My WoW
    ~Karina@ Watcha Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh YES! Sooooooo looking forward to this one! I need to start doing some preordering soon before I forget!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, yes!! I can't wait to read this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loveee retellings, this is definitely a book I will be sure to read this year!
    My WoW
    Naomi @The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this does sound good! I had seen the cover around but didn't know what it was about. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one does sound interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cover is pretty and the story sounds good, I love when fairy tales are turned on their head a bit, :D

    nice pick ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!